Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Football.......Y or N

Being that today is a Thursday and football is always on the brain, I thought I would bring the concept of playing football on Thursday's to the people.

Let me start by saying that I love Thursday night football. I mean why not, you can't possibly watch all the games on a Saturday, so break them up during the week. I think it's really smart after a bye week, it gives you extra days twice. Having said that, I love the fact that we have never played on a Thursday (not going to look through bowl games).

Maybe I'm just being all high and mighty but I really like traditions, I don't like changing uniform colors/designs and I don't like playing on any day but Saturday. I've always held the belief that we don't need gimmicks to beat you. I want to simply be better than you. Don't get me wrong, blackout game 1 was AWESOME but that was all taken away by Bama later.

So I'm asking you, how do you feel about UGA playing on Thursdays?
A) Leave it to the scrubs
B) Change with the times old man and plan a *Happy Hour Tailgate (trademark)
C) Who cares, football is football

2 comments:

Reverend Whitewall said...

I'm going to add option D. I like a Thursday night game if it's to open the season and it's a big game. When we had to travel all the way out to Oklahoma State, then come back to play the 'Cocks, it would have been nice for the team to have 2 extra days to recover from the long trip. Even with the short trip to Atlanta this year, it would be nice to have the spotlight on Thursday night instead of sharing the spotlight Saturday night with LSU/Oregon. Other than that, Thursday night games are for chumps.

LCUGA said...

Tech plays on Thursdays. My work here is done.