Thursday, July 14, 2011

From the "Worst Ideas Ever" file.........

No.

For the love of all that's holy, no no no.  Somebody kill that idea before it ever sees the light of day.  I'd rather have Carlton Thomas carrying it 30 times a game (Seriously).  It's not what's best for the team, and it definitely is not what's best for the player.  That this is even being considered, if the report is true, blows my mind.  Our defense is what's going to win games for us this year, and he is a potential playmaker on defense..........Don't put him back in a position where he has already proven that he is NOT a playmaker.

If I were Samuel's parent or former high school coach (with whom Samuel has maintained a close relationship), I'd be all in Richt's ear this morning.

-Rev.

(h/t Blutarsky)

**Update - It's official, and supposedly his family is on board too.  I just don't understand this.  I'd love him to prove me wrong, but nothing he showed during his 2 years at tailback demonstrated an ability to be an effective tailback.  As big and strong as he was, all a defender had to do was get one hand on him, and he would go down.  We are in the running for some big name tailback recruits, and if we land 1 or 2 of those guys, Samuel is just going to be buried on the depth chart again in 2012.  I genuinely hope this works out, but don't see how it will**

**Update 2 - Samuel speaks.**

No comments: