Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Long Weekend





As we prepare to embark on a long holiday weekend (for most) and reflect on the one year anniversary of Pantygate, a.k.a. the night Damon Evans became a damn fool, let me toss out a couple of nuggets that are rattling around my brain:


  • The new Sweet & Smoky Sandwich at Zaxby's is off the proverbial chain. You'll need either wet wipes or a bath afterwards depending on how well you enjoy it. I, for one, needed a shower and a cigarette before heading back to work.


  • My wife (!) took the kids to see Cars 2 yesterday. She said it was right at 2 hours and my kids have a 1.5 hour attention span. You do the math as to how well she enjoyed it.


  • I rented Unknown (the Liam Neeson "I don't know who I am, but I'm going to fight like the badass character I portrayed in Taken so you'll pay to watch this" flick) the other day and really enjoyed it. I figured it'd be the formulaic amnesiac story, but the ending was well done. I'm really digging the elder Mr. Neeson and forgive him for participating in the wretched Clash of the Titans remake. OMG.


  • The NBA Lockout is in full swing and those in the know say we could be looking at the 2011-2012 season being cancelled altogether because the 2 sides are so far apart. To put it in perspective, one owner said if the NFL lockout is an ankle sprain, the NBA one is a torn ACL and achilles. Somewhere, the Reverend is rubbing his hands together and grinning like a teenager that just discovered a free weekend on the skin channel.

Happy 4th to one and all and if you're sipping & swerving this weekend, toss the panties out the window or simply put them on if you see the blue lights. You're screwed either way.


Onward & upward.

No comments: