Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Frivolities



Well, nothing but good news coming out of camp thus far...as to be expected w/ the annual blowing of smoke up our skirts. I was, however, pleased to read about Richt giving a fiery speech to the troops (h/t Mark Weiszer) and them wanting to go out and play Boise that night. A disclaimer, tho: I put absolutely no stock in preseason fluff. I also abhor preseason rankings. It's an inexact science like throwing darts against the wall. I care about where we finish, not where we start. We aren't winning the national title this year. To me, this season is about redemption and re-establishing ourselves as a force. The pieces are in place, so let's see what everyone (top to bottom) is made of.


On the entertainment front, I'm ready for Fall TV. I've drained my DVR and am bored with the piffle out there now.


I rented the remake of The Mechanic (Jason Statham) the other night and liked it. It was one of those slow build movies and the ending delivered. I can't say the same for Insidious, tho. Good God, that was horrible. The costume & makeup budget must have been $50. Satan (yes, the Satan) was in it and he looked like Darth Maul. If that's the guy running hell, I'm about to switch to a life of crime and not give a damn about the afterlife. 100% joke.


That's all I have for today. Rev will keep you appraised of what's going on practice-wise as Simple Man is yelling at pothead Coloradoans to get off his lawn, all the while remembering that we lost to those jokes last year. Oy vey.


Onward & upward, fellow readers. September is inching closer ever so slowly.

No comments: