Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Frivolities



As Kim Jong-il would say, "It's finarry Fliday!" Ain't that the truth.



On the Dawg front, nothing but good news coming out of camp. There have been no arrests, exploded ligaments, etc. Richard Samuel is fumbling, so I guess everything is as it should be.



On the entertainment front, man, I am ready for Fall TV to get here. I've emptied my DVR in my Man Cave and need some more mindless entertainment to take me away like Calgon never could.



I rented (well, I had an expiring Redbox coupon) a steaming turd called Drive Angry (from Nicolas Cage; more on him later) simply because The Sports Guy had the always hilarious Adam Carolla on one of his podcasts and they couldn't discuss it without laughing because of how mind -numbingly bad it was and how far Cage's star has fallen. You know what? They were right.



I read something the other day about a father trying to answer his son's question about what's wrong with Tiger Woods: "Son, just like Nicolas Cage, I swear Tiger was great at one time."



Cage used to be the man just 10 or so years ago. He was cranking out commercial hits like The Rock, Con Air, Face/Off, Gone in Sixty Seconds, etc. and Oscar-worthy performances & pictures like Leaving Las Vegas (he won Best Actor), Adaptation & Matchstick Men. After that, yikes. Every movie became weirder than the previous one. Then again, when you're being offered $20 million a movie, who's going to be picky? I guess I just answered my own question.



On a personal note, I am at my wit's end (it was a short trip, too) in looking for a truck. Pushy salesmen, ridiculous markups, etc. I'm still trudging along, but I'm trying to remind myself that foot-stomping fits are not recommended for men in their mid-30's. I am dangerously close, however, to lying on my back and kicking my legs in a full-blown Walmart fit.



Enjoy your weekend, peeps.



Onward & upward.

No comments: