Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Frivolities



Yo. The biggest news coming out of camp this week involves the loss of Jakar Hamilton to a season-ending ankle injury (I wouldn't label this as devastating because, let's face it, he hasn't done much and we're pretty deep at that spot).

However, the biggest news to me involves Bacarri Rambo working on the 2nd string at safety. Hmm...was his freshman year a tease or were we watching another Greg Blue (blows coverage quite often, yet we forget about it when he de-cleats someone on a monster hit)? Want to know my theory? Of course you do. Good because here it is: after this epic ass chewing by Grantham during the first game of last year's thrashing of Louisiana-Lafayette, he hasn't been the same.


Remember the SC game that followed the opener? Yeah, he looked like he was in a fog and was a step slow on everything.


Methinks Rambo is more like Tropic Thunder.



On the TV front, I've finally discovered Swamp People on the History Channel. Good God, that's good stuff. I love Troy's near-indecipherable Cajun accent.

That's about the only thing I'm watching as the Fall TV season slowly approaches.

On a personal note, I finally purchased a truck. After a month of hair-pulling, frustration, head banging against the wall, etc., I finally found a great deal on a beaut: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500, black 4-door badassery. Simple Man is so proud.

That's it for today, kids. Let's hope the good vibes continue to come out of camp and we continue the relatively good run of health.

Onward & upward...and Go Dawgs!

No comments: