Friday, August 5, 2011

Pollack on Game Day



The man with the never ending motor has landed a gig as a contributor to College GameDay, per this release.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate Herschel during his stint at UGA, so Pollack remains my favorite Dawg that I've had the pleasure of watching. Normally, individual offensive players stand out and defensive units stand out, but I could never take my eyes off of him when he was on the field. Single-teaming him was a joke and double-teaming him proved fruitless at times and freed up our other stud DE at the time, Moses, to unleash hell on the QB.

I was looking forward to seeing him wreak havoc in the NFL as a LB, but an unfortunate neck injury (fortunate for him that he can still walk) derailed his career.

I look forward to catching him on the tube when I'm not tailgating & shuffling all over Athens this fall.

Damn Good Dawg, #47.

No comments: