Sunday, September 11, 2011

0-2

(photo courtesy of AJC.com)




This is going to be a very interesting week.



Like Simple Man said in his in-game live blog, we squandered early opportunities and the turnovers were devastating, especially the last one (obviously).


Positive thoughts:





  • I can, however, say that for all the flaws we have, what does that say about SC? I didn't see a huge gap in where they are and where we are. If they're the best team in the East, it ain't by much.


  • We gave up 45 points, but only lost by 3.


  • Crowell looked damn good. If he ain't the starter next week...ah, who cares. He'll get the majority of the carries and it's just Coastal Carolina.


  • Amidst all of Murray's gaffes and the sketchy OL line play, we put up 42 on a supposedly stout D.


  • As I said at the start of this, and Richt said it in his post game presser, the East hasn't been decided yet.


  • Rambo came to play today. Damn good game from him.


Negative Thoughts:



  • The turnovers were aplenty and extremely costly.


  • While others are concerned about our OL depth, I'm more concerned about our OL's play. It hasn't been very good yet.


  • Moral victories are fine for some situations, but I don't see how they can be applied here.


  • The calls for Richt's head are going to be loud this week.


Like Blutarsky said, this game shouldn't have been close and you can't lay this loss on the coaches. I saw better effort and improved play in some areas, but I saw some glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed over the next 2 games before we enter into the October grind (MS State, UT, Vandy & UF),


Bottom line, I didn't leave this game ready for heads to roll. I left with a disgusted feeling because of how we lost. We are 0-2, but we really should have won this game. We didn't deserve to beat Boise State. We should have left here with a W. I know, shoulda, woulda, coulda.


This one hurts and is going to sting for a while.

No comments: