Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cocks preview/prediction

Not much more to say about last weeks showing, so without further adieu, here's my look at this week.



I only saw highlights of the battle between directional Carolina's last weekend but was following the score throughout and read some of the recaps.

It's hard to take a lot from that game but East Carolina was obviously using a lot of short passes based on their completions, attempts, and passing yards. The overall stats were pretty even but there's no way we can expect SC to turn the ball over 4 times again or count on them to commit another 8 penalties. We have to think that was working some rust off and not getting up for a big opponent.

The good news is that their defense looked beatable in plenty of areas.....if our coaches can unlock those hidden treasures that the Pirates were able to (yes, that was bad). SC only completed 10 passes of 25 but was able to run the ball with ease, which hopefully plays into the lesser of the 2 evils for our defense.

I said that I was done with last week but how did we only attempt 29 passes when we were down by a couple scores most of the second half.

My heart really wants to take us but my mind just doesn't see it. We have some really key injuries that I'm not sure we can overcome. I think our defense will play okay but just don't have any confidence in our offense. At the end of the day, they have better offensive skill pieces (at least more proven) and will make a few more plays. There's not a lot of confidence in Garcia up there but when you've played college football for 8 years, nothing should really overwhelm you.

Cocks - 22
Dawgs - 10

PLEASE, PLEASE let me be wrong.

-Simple

No comments: