Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Frivolities



I have a bit more pep in my step than I did the first part of the week, but my attitude hasn't changed as to what to expect tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all be satisfied one way or the other (read into that as you will).

On the entertainment front, my favorite TV show started it's 4th season with a bang this week: Sons of Anarchy. If you aren't watching this, you need to get on the bus. FX has carved their own niche by putting out shows and content that network TV couldn't get away with, but in a good way. The best show I've ever seen, The Shield, was one of FX's first hits (their first show, I'm pretty sure, was Nip/Tuck, but that show was so far out in left field that it wasn't even funny). Justified is another FX product that's getting a lot of love, both Emmy and fan, that is worth your time. If you're a member of Netflix or have access to On Demand, do yourself a favor and start getting these shows. You won't regret it.

On the music front, King George Strait delivered another winner this week with his release, Here For A Good Time. A little slower than his last few efforts, but really good.

Movie-wise, I haven't been to the theaters in quite a while because I can't get another loan from the bank. Good God, tickets are outrageous. Plus, any purchases at the concession stand will drive you further into debt.


However, DirecTV Cinema PPV is showing a movie currently in theaters called Red State. It's about a deranged religious cult getting into deep poo with the ATF. Check it out when you have time. It stars John Goodman, and that's a good thing. Love that guy.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll be taking the aforementioned "here for a good time" motto to the tailgate tomorrow w/ Rev, Reeder 3:16 and our cohorts.

When the gang's together, we may lose a game, but never a tailgate.

Win, lose or tie, Bulldog 'til I die.


Onward & upward...& GATA.

No comments: