Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Frivolities

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I must admit, I'm quite excited to see how we look tomorrow. I want to blow these guys off the field. I don't care how crappy they are or anything of that nature, I just want us to look good doing it. I'm basically taking the opposite stance vs. Simple Man, but winning a nailbiter to these jabronis wouldn't do any wonders for our psyche...but like he said, a W is a W.

Fall TV premiered a new slate of shows this week and my favorite night, Thursday night, delivered a full plate of goodness. That's the night we lock the kids in their cages, I retreat to the man cave and the wife stays upstairs watching her DVRd crap, er, shows, along with Grey's Anatomy (yikes!) and Private Practice (yawn).
The Office came back w/ a bang and I absolutely love James Spader's Robert California. That guy is a scene stealer and I thoroughly enjoyed last night's ep.
Parks & Recreation (my favorite comedy) was excellent as always and I even liked the new show, Whitney (starring Whitney Cummings, a very funny comedienne and pretty raunchy on some of the Comedy Central Roasts). Normally new comedies on Thursday nights suck. This one will hopefully improve & stay for a while.
Always Sunny had one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen them spit out. It was great.

The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen was really funny with a lot of envelope-pushing digs at the victim's drug use, treatment of women, etc. Check out these highlights (proceed w/ caution).

I was urged by a pal to check out Breaking Bad (AMC) via Netflix and I did. I. Love. That. Show. I now see what all the fuss is about due to it's outstanding premise and edge-of-your-seat situations (50 year old straight laced high school chemistry teacher with a new baby on the way and struggling to make ends meet; gets diagnosed w/ terminal lung cancer; starts making crystal meth w/ an old student to stockpile money for his family once he's gone).

My wife & I watched Bridesmaids (starring Kristen Wiig) when it came out this week and were not disappointed. The raunch scenes are literally LOL funny and one particular one had to be rewound twice. Good stuff.

As for tomorrow, I'll be intently watching how we look vs. the Rebellious Bears and will be crossing all 20 fingers & toes that Vandy beats the Cocks.

Onward & upward.
GO DAWGS!

No comments: