Thursday, September 1, 2011

Keys To the Game



I said it in my game preview and Blutarsky echoes my thoughts exactly here, I am 100% certain that the 2 keys to the game are line play and our psyche.

As the game draws nearer, I'm all over the map with feeling like we're going to come out and absolutely throttle them with an effort that's going to surprise them and Bulldog Nation. Then again, I'll get this uneasy feeling that we're going to get down early and never be able to get back in it. Then, I'll come back somewhere towards the middle with I just want us to look competent and give us a glimmer of hope for the rest of the way.

I'm also going to be like Rev (he's obviously not a Baptist Rev) and be full of liquid encouragement and sound like a Gamecock fan by proclaiming "this is our year" with my game-watching cohorts.

The 5 things I want to see above all else are:


  1. Our front 7 be as good as advertised and wreak havoc on their game plan.

  2. Moore toss a few picks at Boykin & Smith and cause them to mildly panic, causing a disruption on their offensive attack.

  3. Jarvis Jones become unleashed and beat Moore up like he owes him money (or a free plane ride).

  4. Crowell bust off either an ankle-breaking run or Moreno-ish scamper for a TD that sends the Dome crowd & everyone at home into a frenzy.

  5. In the 4th quarter, with the game in our favor, our smartass fans start singing, "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOODBYE!" to Boise's BCS title hopes.

Above all else, I just want to see some effort. Some pride. Some fight. Some beach. Somewhere.


To hell with today & tomorrow, bring on Saturday.


No comments: