Friday, September 30, 2011

Miss St prediction

Would the real Bulldogs please stand up......

For some reason, I feel good about this game and think we win easily. Don't ask me why but I'm more nervous about Tennessee than these faux dogs.

The main 2 themes I'll be looking for this game are tightening up on the mistakes and execution. This includes:
  • limit bad penalties, turnovers, and special teams miscues
  • focus and try to perfect fundamentals
  • stay on assignments and make tackles
At least for this game, I'm done with focusing on play-calling. That's not getting me anywhere and I already know what to expect, so there's no reason in getting all worked up over it. My new motto is if we can't out coach them, let's out execute them.

Yes, this is breaking the game down to a pop warner level, but as my pen name indicates, I'm just a SimpleMan.

If we can K.I.S.S., we roll away with it.

Bad Dogs - 16
Good Dogs - 38

P.S. stupid Braves (having that extra 2 hours let me stay up Wed night and watch that meltdown to the end but I did get to see the awesomeness that was the Rays coming back and later winning only 3 minutes after the Sox blew it. Sports truly has no script, except for the 1996 World Series where I still believe the Braves took a dive)

"MARCELINO: Jerry! Tonight's fight-night. Where's my rooster?

JERRY: Kramer won't sell.

MARCELINO: Well, tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take down your check anyway.

JERRY: Well, thank you, Marcelino.

MARCELINO: Well, perhaps someday you will do me a favor. And that day is today. Little Jerry Seinfeld must go down in the third round of tomorrow's main event.

JERRY: You want Little Jerry to take a dive?

MARCELINO: Shhh, not so loud.

JERRY: First of all, I don't think you can make a rooster take a dive.

MARCELINO: Can, too!

JERRY: Second of all, Jerry Seinfeld - big or little - doesn't go down for anyone, anywhere, at anytime! Now I'd appreciate it if you please leave."


No comments: