Monday, November 28, 2011

Coaching Carousel

Zook out at Illinois (you Gators want him back?). Gill out at Kansas (Sir Charles still wants him at AU). Corch Meyers to OSU (his esophagal spasms have miraculously healed). Former UGA OL coach Callaway out at UAB (no, we don't want you back). Erickson out at AZ State. Etc.

The point of all of this is to say that I all but expected us to be lumped in there not just after the Boise State loss, but in the summer. I figured we had it in us to have a successful year, but I am beyond thrilled with how things turned out. No matter what happens to us vs. LSU, we as fans have much to celebrate. Let's take a look:


  • Bobo's growth as an OC in that he seems to stick with what's working instead of following a script he put together before the given game. See: Tech, Georgia.

  • Grantham silencing his critics (ahem, Rev) in Year 2 of the 3-4 defensive changeover. Our front 7 is as good as any in the land and when's the last time you actually felt good about our secondary?

  • Richt making necessary changes on & off the field and yielding immediate results.

  • The Dream Teamers stepping up in a big, big way.

I could go on, but I'll save it for another day.


I said from the get-go that I wanted Richt to be the one that turned us around. Favorable schedule or not, he did just that.

No comments: