Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Frivolities

It's almost Go Time. 24 hours from right nuh, I'll be on campus in a very festive tailgate mood.
In the meantime, however, I'm going to bang out this column with visions of Jack D dancing in my head.

My .02 on the Penn State (or is it State Penn now?) fiasco: how in the Hell is that redheaded, pansy-ass (if the story is true) still on the staff? If you fired Paterno, wouldn't you fire him, too, if he is indeed the one that saw it? I'm not absolving Joe Pa at all. It's his program and he should have called the cops immediately once he learned that the G.A. didn't, but that's all been said before. I just wanted to weigh in.

Onto better subjects:
I thought the CMA Awards were fantastic (aired Wednesday). Hank Jr.'s cameo at the beginning was well done. The tribute to Glen Campbell (currently fighting Alzheimer's) was great, too. The highlight for me, tho, was Lionel Richie's medley with other artists featuring 3 of his biggest hits (he has a country album coming out soon...yes, you read that right). "Deep River Woman" has always been one of my faves despite the odd title alluding to a female drowning.

Sons of Anarchy has been absolutely fantastic this season. Whatever ending they're building towards is going to be bloody & catastrophic...and I can't wait. Like I've said before, if you're not watching this show, find a pal that owns the seasons or get on Netflix and get started. You won't regret it.

There has been a lot of trash talk about the game tomorrow amongst friends & enemies alike. The AU fans I deal with on a regular basis run somewhere between delusional & hopeful. They keep pointing out that we haven't beaten a good team all year. Well, neither have they and they about lost to 2 worse ones.
I'm sticking with my gut feeling of a 14+ point win unless we come out flat and/or they play out of their minds.

If you're going tomorrow, be loud & proud. If you're watching from home, do the same.

Onward & upward and GO DAWGS!

No comments: