Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thoughts for the UK Game

Ok, I don't think anybody in the country is going to pick Kentucky to pull the upset in this game, and I sure won't either.  I mentioned the other day that losing to Kentucky wouldn't really be any more of a shocker than Oklahoma losing to Texas Tech at home, but Stoops had been complaining for a few weeks leading up to that game that the team was not practicing and preparing with the proper focus, and that does not appear to be an issue with the Dawgs right now.  They're as focused and locked in on their goals as we've seen since 2007.  So while you never say never, especially in college football, this game should be over at halftime.  So I'm basing my prediction on whether or not we cover the spread, which currently sits at either 30 or 30.5 depending on where you look

SimpleMan already put up his keys to the game, so I don't want to step on his toes there, but here's the things I'd like to see:
  • 10 points or less allowed by the defense.
  • Crowell to show more of the toughness he showed in the 2nd half of the Auburn game.
  • Murray continue with the level of accuracy he has shown the past 2 weeks.
  • Be far enough ahead that the backups get lots of playing time in the 2nd half.
  • Georgia Tech losing to Duke, just because.
As for the score, while the guys are playing well and playing focused, I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to come out as hyped up for this game as they were for Auburn.  I think we win convincingly, but fall just short of covering the spread.  We get a nice lead, then milk the clock again in the 2nd half.  So I'm calling it:

UGA - 38
UK - 10

-Rev.

No comments: