Tuesday, November 22, 2011

UK thoughts, Tech prediction

I glazed over the UK game on purpose. I didn't see it live (skiing) but watched the replay and didn't have much to add from what everyone else wrote. I was shocked at how bad the offense was considering how many times we started with great field position. We lost RB's but I still expected a little more from the O. SC put 54 on them and Vandy beat them by 30. Based on my prediction, I obviously thought this would be an easier win but hey, a win is a win.

I'm very proud of the guys for coming back and winning 9 in a row and winning the East. Yes, you can only play the teams on the schedule but the fact is we got lucky as hell with this schedule. We're the same fan base that would be complaining if the roles were reversed with SC or UF and they had the easy schedule and won the East. When you look the Senator's rankings, it really shows just how lucky we got this year. We didn't play the top 3 teams and lost to the next best team. The 7 SEC teams we've beat have a combined SEC record of 12-39 and Auburn beating SC is the only win out of the 12 that was against one of the top 5 teams.

Because of our defense and talent on offense/special teams, I really do believe we can beat LSU (or Bama). I'd never put money on it and don't expect it but I won't be shocked and I'll be cheering as loud as anyone. I'm not drinking the kool-aid just yet that we've turned this thing around but at least we beat the teams that we should. That hasn't happened consistently the last couple years and it's really good to see again.

As far as Tech goes, my hatred is all used up on Auburn, UF, SC, and UT. I have a lot of Tech friends and of course want to beat them, but my hatred for them just isn't there. Like playing basketball against my little sister, it's just hard to take them seriously. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand their ability to beat us, but let's face it............At Georgia, we're not snobs, we're just better than them.

I'm afraid this will be an ugly game and I think it comes down to turnovers and limiting them on big plays. Keys:
  • Win turnover battle (or at least even)
  • Win field position
  • Score TD's instead of FG's
  • Do not give up first downs with penalties

I think we keep them in the game with FG's and put it away at the end. This isn't cricket so we win.

Dawgs - 26
Virgins - 14

-Simple



No comments: