Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Angry Dawg

I'll keep this short and sweet. I obviously like CMR as a man and looking on paper what he's done in 11 years is pretty impressive. More east division titles than anyone else during that time, over 100 wins, BCS bowls, top 5 finishes, and SEC titles.......

HOWEVER, I haven't been sold on him getting us to the status of elite in a long time. Again, maybe I have unrealistic expectations but it sure doesn't look like we're getting beat in talent and recruiting. That only leaves one area. Our defense is so solid I feel bad for them. I watched the first 3 quarters from BWW because I wanted to watch all 4 bowls on. Why 3 started at the same time, I'll never understand. Anyway, after all other Big 10 schools were losing convincingly, we were chocking it away, and I made a display of myself when our QB decided once again to keep the other team in the game, I headed home to watch the remaining collapse in solitude. I absolutely lost my mind when we took a knee on 2nd down actually playing for a 42 yard FG. That's simply a loser mentality. Everyone in the whole country was thinking the same thing, how in hell are you trusting a kicker that has been a steaming pile of Uga poop.

I try not to put a lot of stock in bowls, because as I've stated earlier, I think the time off and motivations are ridiculous. But yesterday was as pissed as I can ever remember being. There's no need to break it down further because you all saw what I saw but we probably could have won that game with just playing our defense the entire second half. Line them up and just let BS or BB run the wildcat the whole time on offense.

Our talent and schedule next year will make us a top 5 team and our coaches (excluding CTG) will make us maybe a top 25 team.


Still very angry dawg
-Simple

No comments: