Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Frivolities

Forgive last week's absence as I was opting about whether or not to declare for the NFL Draft.
I came back to my senses a week later, so here we go.

If Orson is the only guy we're going to lose to the NFL, then we're going to be sitting pretty for next season. There are a couple of guys at the TE spot that have a golden opportunity to step up, so let's hope that Jay Rome absorbed a lot of knowledge and confidence while watching from the sidelines this past season.
I really hope the offense makes strides next year like the defense just did. Strides as in a better showing from Murray in big games and an ability for the OL to open holes for our TBs.
Speaking of, let's hope Crowell gets a bionic ankle to form a dynamic duo w/ Marshall.
I could go on & on, but we'll save that for another day.

In TV news, I caught the premiere of the new NBC show, The Firm, this past Sunday (I have yet to watch last night's 2nd episode as of this printing). This is my 2nd favorite Grisham book (after A Time to Kill) and the movie was really good, even though it deviated from the book's ending. The TV series is a continuation of the McDeere's life after going into witness protection. Well, good ol' Mitch has been discovered by the family of the people he helped put away in the book/movie. I'm looking forward to knocking out episode 2 tonight.

30 Rock made it's long-awaited return last night and it looks like they're going to explore a romantic relationship between Liz Lemon & Jack Donaghy (the best character on TV according to Simple Man). I've always found Tina Fey wildly attractive. She's the sneaky-hot, slutty librarian my high school never had. Dammit.

I'm still a fan of The Office, but I find myself just watching it and never reacting unless Robert California shows up. He's gold, Jerry. Gold!

In movie news, we're still on a rental tear as my wife heals from her surgery. Shark Night was everything I hoped for and more! It oozed cheese and had the main characters in string bikinis the whole time. Plot? What plot?! Sharks + Bikinis = Giggity.
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark wasn't what I was expecting, but I didn't hate it...yet can't really recommend it, either.
Crazy Stupid Love is pretty good. I'd recommend it if you & the missus want to settle in for a movie that is chick flickish, yet is watchable for the men. Women will swoon over Ryan Gosling's abs and the men can marvel at the ageless Marisa Tomei. Some men may swoon over the aforementioned abs, so go buy a cat if you do.
We have The Killer Elite & Moneyball to watch this weekend, so I'll report on those next week.

Enjoy your weekend, peeps. I recommend warm whiskey on these cold nights.

Onward & upward.

No comments: