Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Movie reviews

We got a deuce ton of snow end of last week so I walked up to the movie theater and caught some flicks.

For the record, close to 2 feet from Thursday night until Saturday morning non stop. To top it off, another 4 or so inches today. And the best news yet is that hardly any of this is hitting the mountains for skiing......boooooooo. [I'll post some snow pics later this week]

Man on a Ledge
Not too bad, very short and somewhat entertaining but don't expect anything mind blowing. It's basically a light version of The Negotiator and the ending was pretty weak. Wait for rental.

Underworld: Awakening
You get what you expect with these. I'm a big fan of the Underworld series even if the stories are weak. Again, very short and a good flick for anyone who doesn't want to think too much and see some decent action. Not the best 3D but not bad either. Worth the theater to see the 3D on the big screen but you won't miss too much waiting for rental.

The Grey
Pretty disappointed with this one. I guess my expectations were too high. I love hiking outside, so I had a hard time getting past my outdoor snobery and believing the wolf hunting and survival techniques (too much Survivorman or Man vs. Wild probably). It felt a little like The Edge. Wait for rental on this one also.

Also caught Bucky Larson on rental
I'm a Swardson fan but this wasn't his best effort. The storyline seemed like it would be pure gold but it was very weak and a very slow movie. Don't get me wrong, there are a few great scenes and lines but it's no Grandma's Boy.

As far as TV goes, currently my DVR favorites are
  • White Collar
  • Justified
  • The Finder
  • Archer
  • Modern Family
  • Happy Endings

Oh I have other shows, but these are top of the list now. I obviously don't have HBO, Showtime, or Starz since nothing makes my list and all I hear about is how great some of series they have are.

Final note: my chorizo, cheese, and bean dip went over very well at the Super Bowl party and I won 3 of my 5 bets on the game I made in Vegas 2 weeks ago.

-snowed in Simple

No comments: