Thursday, March 29, 2012

Disappointing

I feel sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, so let's get to it. At some point, I'm going to stop being surprised by things like what came down yesterday. Well, surprised isn't really the right word. Disappointed might not be the right one, either.
Let's go with disgusted. Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt when I heard and exactly how I feel now.

The 2012 season is not lost, but it got a whole lot tougher. The conference opener @ Mizzou was already a huge game. Now it's become a daunting task. Not that our D & our D coaches aren't capable of coming up with alternate game plans (Hell, Ogletree missed half the season last year and Rambo never recovered from Grantham's epic ass chewing in the season opener in 2010 and was in a fog all year) to cover for their suspensions, but damn. Just damn.

We have all summer to fret, but this one stings. And stinks.

I've said it before and will do so again: It is a recipe for disaster to pin one's hopes and dreams upon the shoulders of 18-22 year olds.

Get off my lawn.

No comments: