Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pikes Peak race

My stupidity never ceases. I just completed my registration for Pikes Peak Ascent (half marathon). And since I don't have a qualifying time, I had to sign up to run a 10 miler in June and trail 12K in July and hope I can record a good enough time to stay in the Ascent race in August.


Not Pikes but a view of Torreys Peak from Grays Peak

I've had a slight cracked rib for a month and haven't been running and can probably only do about 2-3 miles right now at best. So needless to say, this is going to be a challenge.

Closest race I've ever done to this would be the Hogpen 17K up in Helen which is very tough but without the elements of trail running and altitude.

The good news is that we've been like most of the rest of the country and are getting some great weather. Hopefully, my summer will include a lot of hiking out here. Colorado has a mini version of the Appalachian Trail called the Colorado Trail which I hope to do a small section of this year. I still have so much of the AT to try but that's on hold until I get some more experience in the Rockies.


View on the AT in the north Georgia mountains

I'll be putting brief updates on my training as the year goes on with hopefully some good pictures.

-Simple

No comments: