Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Frivolities



It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
Not just the Friday Frivolities, but UGA Football.  It's about damn time, too.
I have tolerated all of the teeth gnashing over the Braves that I can handle from others.  It's time to gnash what's left of people's toofies on things that matter.

Hold on while I whip this thing out:  the Cocks failed to impress me last night.  Their secondary is as mediocre as advertised and their offense is nothing scary (granted it was just the first game, but it is what it is).  With Spurrier intent on killing Shaw by repeatedly sending he & his dead arm out there, he's clearly going all out this season (their next 2 games are against cupcakes and no way he was going to start out 0-1 in the SEC East race).  I thought Vandy did an admirable job of keeping Lattimore somewhat in check (or is he not the same player...yet?) and hanging in there, but they are what they are.

I'm not going to address the no call pass interference, but I was surprised Franklin didn't challenge it.

As for the Dawgs, there's no reason to expect anything less than a 30pt blowout and for the new guys and unproven guys to get meaningful reps. 

I hope we look somewhat competent on offense and our TBs show what they can do.

Today should also be the day that we hear about Ogletree & Rambo...I expect suspensions, but maybe not as lengthy as we anticipated.  If we were coached by Meyer, this would be a non-issue.  We aren't, obviously, but Richt's silence and refusal to even hint at anything could be telling.
I'm not for bending the rules, but we need those guys vs. Mizzou.  A special season is potentially in the offing, so like the team motto states:  NO REGRETS.

I will be beaching it this weekend for one final getaway, but will be following the game on my phone.
For those of you either going or watching at home, shout loud and proud.

GO DAWGS!

No comments: