Sunday, October 14, 2012

Backing In...or Plowing Ahead

If the Gators beat the Cocks this Saturday (3:30 on CBS) and we beat the Gators the following Saturday (ditto, of course), we will be in the driver's seat for the SEC East crown.
After the Cocks deflowered us on prime time TV last week, I will freely admit I had no interest in backing into the SECCG.  (I also had a lot of other strong feelings about the program, but we won't get into that now.)
Last night was a very sobering reminder that we aren't (or simply haven't shown that we are) on SC's level based on how tough they looked vs. LSU.  That was a helluva game no matter who you were pulling for, but the SC loss obviously benefits us.
I honestly don't think UF can beat SC, but it is in The Swamp and it is SC.  I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me, either.

Having said all that, if the Gators win and we beat them, are you just as fired up to get to face either Bama or LSU in the SECCG or are you still on the "we didn't earn it" side of the fence?

What will change my outlook is if we throttle UK (and look nasty and pissed off doing so) and then play extremely well vs. UF. 
If we look shaky vs. UF, that will give me pause.

Thoughts?

No comments: